Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Think Outside of the Boxes…The Madison Area Arts Council, always outside of the boxes for 48 years.
‘Journey Women’ Comes Home
The Madison Area Arts Council is thrilled to welcome home artists from 'Journey Women' including Ginny Freitag, Lisa Shoemaker, Jill Frederick, Eve Fisher, Donna Hazelwood, Winnie Giles, Connie Herring, and Angela Behrends to The BrickHouse Community Arts Center on Thursday, May 23rd, from 7-9pm. We'll be showing select pieces from both showings, and the artists will be on hand to discuss their thoughts and process behind these works.
The BrickHouse is located at 106 SE 2nd Street in the heart of downtown Madison, donations are encouraged, refreshments and conversation are always provided.
You Said It
eastofegan on Head on over to Facebook… Stephany on Head on over to Facebook… Al Montgomery on Alan Montgomery Working… montgoma on Alan Montgomery Working… ej fred on From Paris w/love…
Our Home for Live
Get on the Arts Map
Artists of all kinds, we need your help to put the Madison Area on the Arts Map! Join us! Get on the map!
Got Something to Share?
Feel free to submit releases, stories, art, poetry, whatever you got, for our blog. Send them, ready to run, and as we say,
Show us what you got!
- Hey now, be sure to join us for cake this Thursday evening at The BrickHouse as we celebrate our 49th Anniversary. fb.me/26yAIcGPD 3 hours ago
- Take the Journey this Thursday. fb.me/18sh1utvr 7 hours ago
- 'T', started by Madison artist Winnie Giles, and completed with the collaboration of 12 of her fellow 'Journey... fb.me/1htIKlPgQ 3 days ago
- We just wanted to let you all know that unfortunately, we won't be able to go forward this year with our 4th... fb.me/2BFjLhqE9 5 days ago
- Look, it's Dennis. And he's talking about the arts. fb.me/1cfpokV4t 6 days ago
- 'Cach'e', which was started by Madison artist and writer Eve Fisher, and completed through the ongoing... fb.me/2lsyFFVDc 6 days ago
- Hey Sioux Falls, Australia is stealing your moves. fb.me/1KscsIaI3 1 week ago
- 'Village of Langenaria', which was started by Madison's Donna Hazelwood, and completed through the ongoing... fb.me/EuJkr11Q 1 week ago
- 'The Body is the Temple', started by Madison artist Allyson Nagel and completed by the 12 other Journey Women... fb.me/GyWoecRH 1 week ago
- Anyone have a sweet party plan for our 49th Birthday yet? Give us your best pitch! 1 week ago
Change the WorldGot the next great idea, or better yet, some love to share? Let us know, we like that spirit, so jump in! Ready, Set, Go!
Who We Are
The Madison Area Arts Council, MAAC, is a talented collective of community members cooperatively working together to advocate, foster, and promote the Arts and Culture here in our own backyard.
Our ongoing mission is to highlight, feature, and promote the arts and artists within the Madison Area and surrounding communities through innovative community-oriented and community-accessible programming.
As a regionally recognized arts leader, comprised completely of volunteers, we seek to actively engage, challenge, and create lasting and meaningful dialogue and relationships within our diverse community.
- 25,644 Gawkers